It’s no secret that there are so many incredible single women in the world. We’re smart, funny and basically total catches… so where are all the great guys? While some would have you believe that dating is a simple numbers game — that there are way more amazing single women in the world than there are eligible men — that’s total crap. The real reason so many of us are still rolling solo is much simpler: most guys aren’t worth dating.
1. WOMEN ARE BECOMING MORE EDUCATED, ACCOMPLISHED AND INDEPENDENT WHILE GUYS ARE GETTING CRAPPIER.We have so much to offer a potential partner and the world at large — we’re strong, ambitious and totally self-sufficient. Meanwhile, guys seem to have thrown chivalry and romance out the window and assume they can get away with the bare minimum. No thanks — they can take that laziness elsewhere.
2. WE WON’T PUT UP WITH BS.Sure, we could have a relationship if we were willing to look the other way when immature liars and players pull their crap with us, but why should we? We’ve seen all the same stuff and heard all the same excuses time and time again and we respect ourselves too much to accept them for the sake of being in a relationship. We’d much rather be on our own.
3. OUR STANDARDS ARE HIGH AND THEY’LL STAY THAT WAY.Since we know our worth, we won’t accept anything less than what we deserve from guys. They need to be on our level in every sense of the word and if they’re not prepared to do that, we’re not prepared to date them.
4. GUYS THINK THEIR OPTIONS ARE ENDLESS, BUT WE WON’T SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST.Part of the problem with modern dating is that guys think all it takes to move on to the next woman is a quick right swipe on their phone screens. Ghosting and benching are par for the course, but if so we much as get a glimpse of loser tendencies, we’re out of there before he can open Tinder.
5. OUR LIVES ARE ALREADY FULL — IF A GUY CAN’T ADD TO IT, HE’S NOT WORTH MAKING ROOM FOR.We’ve got busy careers, amazing friends, loving families and passions to pursue. Our schedules are booked solid. That means if we’re making room for a guy, he’d better bring something new and worthwhile to the table. If he’s just looking to get laid or wants to “hang out” until he figures out what he wants to do with his life, he can go elsewhere.
6. MANY OF US JUST AREN’T LOOKING FOR HUSBANDS ANYMORE.That doesn’t mean all of us are averse to eventually getting married, but we don’t wake up every day wondering if it’ll be the day that our Prince Charming comes to sweep us off our feet. We don’t need to walk down the aisle to feel as though we’ve reached the pinnacle of womanhood — it’s not the 195os anymore and we’re as committed to our own happiness and excellence as we could ever be to a guy.
7. WE’RE BECOMING OUR OWN HUSBANDS.Thanks to feminism and our ability not only to work but to take on positions of leadership in our careers, women are now able to provide ourselves all the benefits husbands used to provide us. We don’t need a guy to spoil us or buy us a house — we’ve got that locked down already. We don’t even need a husband for kids; if we really want to become mothers, there are ways to achieve that without having to tie the knot with someone we’ll just end up divorcing a few years later.
8. TOO MANY GUYS ARE INTIMIDATED BY STRONG WOMEN.We’re not going to dumb ourselves down or play off our goals and accomplishments as no big deal when we’ve worked our ass off to get where we are. Too many guys can’t handle being with a woman who won’t just sit back and be quiet. We demand the best in every area of our lives and certainly won’t put up with dudes who either feel emasculated by that or feel the need to try and tear us down to assuage their own egos.