Hope for the best, but expect the worstWhen it comes to relationships we hope for the best, but sometimes it’s the worst we face. Sadly, no matter how much love and understanding we put in a relationship, things might just not be working out. We realize the spark once setting us on fire is long gone as is the love of our partner. They now seem distant and reserved.
When love is gone…Is there point, then, in maintaining a deprived of love and affection relationship? Do you think spending time bringing to life feelings that had died is wise? Is it worth the effort? Do you still harbor hope that one fine day you will wake up and it’ll all be the same as before?
… letting go is the wisest decisionNo, you don’t think so and you are perfectly right. And yes, you took the right decision by leaving the sinking ship of this relationship. It’s not your fault! You did everything you could have. But no matter what you did it wasn’t enough. It was not appreciated. So please, don’t feel guilty. It’s not your fault you are not loved. Just have the courage to move on!
Don’t blame yourselfThe most important thing to remember is not to blame yourself! You are the broken hearted, not the guilty who ruined the happiness. Remember – a good relationship is made by two, so is a bad one! And don’t be ashamed to feel disappointed if the person you loved hadn’t loved you as you deserve. Disappointment is fine. Letting go of the one who didn’t love you back also!
It’s not over yetUnfortunately, it does not all end with saying goodbye. The harder part is to let go of the pain and to heal your wounds. And this might take time. Give yourself enough time to be alone, to cry, to shout, to grieve and to be angry! And don’t harass yourself with questions what brought you to this sad ending. Be strong, be patient and try to forgive the one who misled you.
Don’t forget the lessonAnd when this story becomes just a distant memory / and it will surely do/, remind yourself the lessons you’ve learnt. Remember all the stages that you’ve been through and how you got over it. And most importantly, don’t let anyone disappoint you anymore! Its happiness in love that you are after and a partner who makes you truly happy is what you need!
See also: Real Men Confess: This is Why My Relationships Ended
Why do relationships fail? How is it possible for two people to fall in love and then just end up breaking off whatever relationship they had? Well, it can really vary. All relationships are unique after all and that means that all breakups are going to be unique as well. We are all individual human beings who carry very distinct personalities that we carry with us into our relationships as well. And as a result, no two relationships are ever the same and so it can be difficult to pinpoint a general reason as to why couples break up.
But just to satiate your curiosities a little bit, you could refer to this list of real-life reasons as to why relationships end as confessed by men.
1. She spent more time looking at her phone than at him.Technology is both a beauty and burden in the modern world. There are just so many of us who can use technology to make our lives better, but there are also too many of us who use technology a little too much – almost to the point wherein we compromise the emotional connections of our relationships.
2. They weren’t able to develop a rhythm in the bedroom.S.e.x is a big issue for a lot of couples, and this man truly believed that their inability to develop a good kind of chemistry in the bedroom is the reason why they didn’t last for very long. They both felt that they needed to seek sexual satisfaction elsewhere.
3. Her mom decided to start living with them as well.Mommy issues are always difficult especially when they start to impact the relationship in a negative manner. One guy shared that his relationship took a real turn for the worse when his partner suddenly decided that it was okay for her mother to start living with them. The guy was put in the awkward position of having to say yes to something that he wasn’t comfortable with.
4. He ended up having to financially support her siblings.This is similar to the mother situation, but this time, it was with the girl’s siblings. No man would want to have to support other adults in a financial manner especially when he isn’t really accountable to those people. He should only have to worry about his woman and not her siblings.
5. She expected him to solve all of her problems for her.When you get into a loving relationship with someone, it’s only normal for you to want to take on some of the problems that your partner might be experiencing. But it’s just a little too much if you start expecting your partner to solve all of your problems on your behalf. That was the case with this particular relationship. The guy just got so tired of having to take care of a fully grown baby.
6. She kept on trying to change him to be another person for her.Ideally, in a relationship, two people would do their best to accept that their partners are flawed individuals who just can’t be perfect. However, they should also be willing to love one another as a whole – flaws included. This guy just had enough of his man trying to change him to become a person he wasn’t comfortable with being.
7. She got a little too friendly with his best friend.This is an unfortunate situation. Of course, he wanted his girl to be comfortable with his friends. He wanted to make sure that his girl got along with his mates. That’s part of getting into a relationship after all. But he could never expect that his girl would end up cheating on him with his best friend.
8. She never supported his dreams if it meant she had to make compromises in the process.It was all about convenience for her. She was always willing to do whatever it took to sustain the relationship so as long as she didn’t have to inconvenience herself. She was never willing to support him with his dreams if it meant that she had to make some compromises of her own.
9. She never made him feel like anything he did could ever be good enough for her.He would try to move mountains and rivers for her but she never even gave him so much as a “thank you” for his efforts. He got tired. He was essentially trying to please a girl who just couldn’t be pleased and he just had to call it quits for his own sake.
10. They were fit to be in a relationship, but they weren’t fit to have children together.Sometimes, a couple can be great in a relationship together until children start getting into a picture. This particular man said that things were going smoothly until the kids came along. It turns out that they were great as a couple, but they weren’t very good as parents.